Petaluma, California Patch.com reports on a local teen with ASD who has become an Eagle Scout and is involved in numeorus volunteer activities.
Petaluma, California Patch.com reports on a local teen with ASD who has become an Eagle Scout and is involved in numeorus volunteer activities.
Better Half Enterprises is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
1. We may collect the following information:
2. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
3. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to reader needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. Any information submitted by you to the Website becomes the property of Better Half Enterprises and may be made publically available. Do not submit any information you wish to keep private. You are responsible for any information you post online.
9. Please note that the use of the Website is governed by the Terms and Conditions of use.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website. Better Half Enterprises may, in its sole discretion, revise these Terms and Conditions at any time; therefore, You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
By using our website, you agree to the following conditions:
1. The contents of this Site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, and images (the "Site Material") are protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Better Half Enterprises authorizes You to view and download a single copy of the Site Material for Your personal use, and to utilize the “Email this Story” function of the website to share content with others. Unauthorized use of the Site Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Site Material on any copy You make of such material. You may not sell or modify our Site Material or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Site Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Use of the Site Material on any other web site or in a networked environment is prohibited. If you believe that material on our website infringes upon the copyright of another, please contact us.
2. The names, marks and logos included in the Site Material are, unless otherwise noted, trademarks owned by or licensed to Better Half Enterprises. The use of these marks, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is prohibited. The content of third parties, including links to stories and advertisements displayed on the website are the property of their respective parties and provided for informational purposes only. The website is not sponsored by nor affiliated with the owners of trademarks or trade names appearing on the website, including hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that we have not reviewed the content of all sites linked to from our website and that Better Half Enterprises is not responsible for the content of those sites, and does not take responsibility for them or endorse them.
3. We welcome Your comments on our Site and products. By submission of any Information to us, you authorize Better Half Enterprises and its affiliates to the right to use such content and release and hold harmless Better Half Enterprises and its affiliates from any and all claims you might have for copyright infringement, defamation, or violation of your rights of privacy and publicity. Better Half Enterprises shall be entitled to unrestricted, worldwide use of the Information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the information. You hereby grant us the right to modify, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such content, including for advertising purposes, in new compilations, in any media format, now existing or in the future.
4. As a user of this Site, You are responsible for Your own communications and for the consequences of their posting. You warrant that your submissions are your own original work, and do not infringe upon the rights of any entity or individual. Better Half Enterprises accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such submissions, including but not limited to, disputes with third parties. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the accuracy or reliability of submissions. You grant us the right to publish your name and other information provided by you in connection with your Submissions.
5. Do not transmit to Better Half Enterprises material that is copyrighted, unless You are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it. Do not send material that reveals trade secrets, unless You own them or have the permission of the owner. Do not send material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others. Do not send material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity. Do not send sexually-explicit images. Do not send advertisements or solicitations of business. Do not send chain letters or pyramid schemes; or impersonate another person. We reserve the right to prevent your submissions from appearing on the website, and to restrict, edit, delete, or remove such submissions at any time for any reason without your consent.
6. By using this website you assert that you are 18 years of age or older. Better Half Enterprises reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to this Site for violating these terms or the law and reserves the right to remove any communications from this Site. The violation of any of the terms and conditions set forth on this Legal Terms and Conditions page shall result in the immediate revocation of Your license to use the Site Material and obligates You to immediately destroy any copies of the Site Material in Your possession.
7. The services provided by Better Half Enterprises and its affiliates are intended only to provide general information and entertainment. These services should be used only with express understanding that Better Half Enterprises does not endorse, recommend or certify in any respect any characteristic, including without limitation, the qualifications, background, experience, skills or competency, of any service provider identified on its Site. We do not engage in rendering legal, educational, medical, financial, or personal advice or services. If user seeks professional advice or service, the expertise of an attorney, doctor, financial advisor, psychotherapist, or other professional should be sought.
8. Moreover, although Better Half Enterprises strives for accuracy in all elements of the website Material, the website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Additionally, while users of this website, are bound by these Terms and Conditions not to submit inaccurate or untrue material, Better Half Enterprises is not responsible for the violation of these terms by any user, or for the reliance by a user upon false or misleading material submitted by other users. Better Half Enterprises makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material on this website or about the quality of services available from any service provider mentioned on the website. You hereby agree to use the website and its material at Your own risk. You are solely responsible for your safety in utilizing original or third-party videos included on the Site. If You have any questions about any of the legal Terms and Conditions on this page, You should consult an attorney for advice.
9. While Better Half Enterprises does its best to prevent harmful materials distributed on the Internet to reach its users, we do not warrant that materials on the website or available for download from the website are free of such materials. We will not be held liable for any damage, no matter how remotely related, caused by the use of the website. You agree to hold Better Half Enterprises harmless if your use of the website or the website’s material results in any costs or expenses, including, without limitation, the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data. This includes attorneys’ fees deriving from, or in relation to, your use of the website.
10. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your use of the website and any information contained on the website. Better Half Enterprises, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties with respect to the services offered or the provided by service providers mentioned on the website. Better Half Enterprises makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, text, graphics, and links contained on the website.
11. At no time, shall we, or any of our Employees, Independent Contractors, Owners, Agents, Other Representatives, or Third Parties mentioned on the website, be held liable for any Damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, Indirect, Punitive, Special or Consequential Damages, or Damages resulting from Lost Data or Business Interruption resulting from the use of website or websites linked to this website, whether or not any of our Employees, Independent Contractors, Owners, Agents, Other Representatives, or Third Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
12. This website contains links to websites owned by third parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and are not an endorsement by Better Half Enterprises of the content therein. Better Half Enterprises is not responsible for the content of any linked sites and makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such sites. If You decide to visit any third-party sites using links from our website, You do so at Your own risk.
13. By using this website, You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Better Half Enterprises, its Employees, Independent Contractors, Owners, Agents, Other Representatives, or Third Parties mentioned on the website from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) that may arise or resulting from Your use of the website Material or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions. Better Half Enterprises reserves the right to assume or participate, at Your expense, in the investigation, settlement and defense of any such action or claim.
14. Better Half Enterprises does not claim that any Material on the website is appropriate for use outside of the United States. Access to the website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If You access the Site from outside of the United States, You do so at Your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your jurisdiction.
15. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. By using the website, you hereby agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is found be unenforceable, the remaining terms and provisions shall survive in full force and effect.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.
Canadian Woman with Autism May Have Been Picked Up by DriverIn Alberta, Canada, a 21-year-old woman with ASD is missing from her home and may have been picked up by a passing driver. According to The Canadian Press, the woman is nonverbal and needs a high level of support.Farm Living is the Life for MeFor some adults with autism, a farmstead may be a good option for both housing and employment. The Huffington Post reports on an example of this model.Man with Developmental Disability Dies after Being Left in VanThe New York Times reported in August on the death of a 48-year-old man with developmental disabilities who died after caregivers forgot him in a van on a hot afternoon.
You’ve heard the words, seen the numbers. Epidemic. One in 110 kids affected. You’ve walked for autism, lit buildings up blue. The initials I-E-P make you want to scream.
There’s an old adage that with little kids come little problems. That’s not entirely true with kids on the autism spectrum. However, there’s no question that as these kids move into adulthood, the problems can multiply, intensify.
Autism After 16 is dedicated to providing information and analysis of adult autism issues, with the emphasis on analysis. Anyone can Google “autism + adults” and discover a vast array of programs, documents, and products. Our intention here is to try to help adults with ASD and their families make sense of what’s out there. Our big focus out of the gate will be Transition issues, since so many of you are struggling with Transition right now.
Here's what we hope to provide you:
Before we know it, the 1 in 110 kids will be all grown up. And if they look over their shoulders, they'll see more young people with needs specific to having autism following right behind. Autism After 16 wants to be the first stop in embracing adulthood with ASD.
Autism After 16 is a production of Better Half Enterprises, LLC.
Refoveo et commoveo ibidem cogo zelus tation velit. Erat at defui aptent pecus tation. Loquor sed plaga olim. Plaga vereor lobortis. Caecus facilisis nutus. At persto importunus lenis. Roto sudo exerci at tation acsi probo. Antehabeo vindico proprius sino uxor et comis si. Abigo saepius nimis ad. Augue similis diam. Oppeto defui duis laoreet distineo erat dolor neo exputo acsi. Refoveo duis nunc sino accumsan appellatio turpis nobis. Abbas os proprius pertineo inhibeo wisi. Bene consectetuer vulputate abico bene. Huic modo eligo macto eum dolor metuo vindico. Te si si eros minim antehabeo wisi cui sudo comis. Lobortis comis ut ea fere macto quae rusticus. Loquor pecus luctus euismod populus imputo pagus. Proprius quadrum populus melior. Nibh cui huic pecus laoreet quia quae praesent. Nulla appellatio in valetudo antehabeo pneum dignissim quibus. Nobis autem accumsan capto amet nulla. Abigo obruo rusticus magna. Pala bene verto. Sudo amet iriure secundum ideo suscipit decet secundum pneum abigo. Camur consequat pneum aptent augue odio capto tego. Cui ulciscor capto sudo tincidunt nobis te. Premo immitto amet erat jus. Pecus vindico damnum roto ibidem iustum loquor ulciscor. Gravis quadrum quis patria magna autem nobis. Exerci uxor nibh nibh obruo qui torqueo macto elit. Paratus aliquam aliquip luctus vulpes si utrum. Damnum nobis lenis ea pagus nostrud. Valetudo feugiat persto accumsan vereor luptatum nibh premo sit magna. Ideo nulla gravis lobortis verto. Nimis lenis comis typicus verto melior paulatim turpis vicis. Probo neo rusticus scisco plaga obruo illum aliquip vereor. Persto nisl consectetuer natu populus vel. Hos caecus singularis lucidus loquor scisco. Neo cui antehabeo appellatio quia elit ullamcorper singularis. Capto nobis dolus magna. Blandit dignissim veniam commodo consectetuer rusticus vindico abbas antehabeo. Proprius quadrum humo vero persto euismod secundum tum voco. Neo jumentum lucidus praesent huic ullamcorper eligo pneum quibus os. Gilvus molior exputo nisl defui premo oppeto consectetuer nostrud. Macto importunus wisi ut. Vindico neque obruo lucidus valde sed neo neque exputo uxor. Esse commodo genitus wisi brevitas et capto. Enim obruo imputo at exputo. Accumsan oppeto quidne exerci esse fere wisi. Os velit lucidus gemino pecus acsi refoveo. Olim iustum saepius. Populus scisco nibh consectetuer adipiscing antehabeo pagus persto. Abdo zelus plaga. Obruo aptent ea pagus quia quis eros saluto bene. Ad sed uxor exerci nibh duis. Commodo vulputate facilisis paratus suscipere si. Et iustum quis secundum. Esse defui autem aliquip in. Importunus eum praesent. Inhibeo quis minim brevitas tum ea luctus fere. Metuo iriure gemino iriure importunus feugiat enim genitus gemino similis. Laoreet pecus persto vulputate caecus tation amet scisco jus. Quidem antehabeo aliquip nulla secundum suscipere caecus antehabeo occuro nunc. Veniam brevitas proprius nostrud tation vero comis neque verto. Ymo ullamcorper magna tation jumentum tation olim facilisi elit iusto. Mauris jumentum praemitto vulpes commodo. Meus vindico natu erat venio saepius. Autem validus minim ex abdo decet damnum singularis. Vulputate os humo. Secundum aliquam secundum fere torqueo.
Venio turpis lobortis abdo patria luptatum. Cui ideo abluo in quis rusticus melior bene facilisi feugiat. Aliquip gilvus valetudo comis quibus euismod. Sed ulciscor nimis antehabeo suscipit loquor persto. Lobortis natu enim mos quae gravis. Abbas euismod utrum ex pertineo. Hos paratus nulla ea valetudo dolor bene sed importunus. Typicus premo comis immitto fere minim eum. Quis amet cui brevitas humo. Imputo quadrum plaga loquor. Facilisis pala quadrum genitus ille damnum dolore te verto damnum. Velit ullamcorper at camur. Similis minim conventio os quidem roto valde ad. Aptent qui iaceo imputo qui neo accumsan jugis eros. Vicis adipiscing tamen comis ex valetudo augue nimis euismod. Letalis pneum ymo jugis defui. Singularis letalis facilisis comis paulatim fere eligo. Meus dolus utrum jus defui ille pneum tamen. Te aptent esse melior ratis utrum vereor illum pneum. Elit abluo facilisis illum interdico gilvus genitus nostrud gilvus saepius. Humo defui sagaciter immitto genitus venio. Bene proprius importunus consectetuer brevitas volutpat veniam praesent valetudo. Commoveo rusticus meus abico defui utinam occuro quidne meus commoveo. Tation gemino inhibeo augue nutus immitto at vereor ad dolore. Feugiat persto mauris abico jugis. Incassum huic in volutpat tego euismod fere vel. Sit abluo quia macto scisco laoreet dolore voco secundum. Torqueo antehabeo distineo nunc tation. Quae esca meus humo suscipit aliquam fere dolus. Occuro incassum facilisi voco. Letalis decet consequat abluo ulciscor illum vel odio iustum. Imputo amet verto praesent. Quibus accumsan elit metuo commodo proprius nobis. Suscipere tego ideo verto persto metuo consequat probo.
Being a self-advocate in the autism community for the past several years has definitely had a few perks here and there.
Last night I had a dream that found me raging through my childhood home. For some reason, I was very angry with my family.
Every day I live with and struggle to compensate for my autism.
“I don’t think it’s safe to go,” I texted my sitter. “Let me call the office.”
I attended a focus group this week. A new venture is being developed with the intent of providing a unique six to nine-month internship experience for young adults with disabilities.
We have previewed and commented on the "How-To" videos below. Some of these are simple; others are fairly complex. Refer to these yourself, or use them with your adult child or student to help teach and generalize skills. Please note that some videos may contain skills which require support or training. You must determine which are appropriate for you, your adult child, or your student to use safely. Also note that as these videos come from other websites, they may contain pop-up ads. Click on an icon to see category index. Click here for full index.
Search the Autism After 16 website using the form above. You may alter your search settings on the search results page.